Friday, April 13, 2007

Concrete..........An unusual obsession!

For about nine years I have obsessed with painting buildings! I love them. Not just any buildings though, I prefer nice big concrete structures! Good old grey, concrete..........ugly to most but, I think they are beautiful.

I was truly inspired when I learnt of Le Corbusier. I think the buildings he designed are stunning.



The tiny rows of windows, the solidness of the exterior........I love it! You know those huge council built blocks of flats.....ugly? Never! Next time take another look they are secretly a work of art.....

This one is inspiring for the many angles, the colours used and the different perspectives it creates. This influence can easily be seen in my work!

This is an original acrylic painting that is available in my Etsy store. I have also made a similar painting and added it to my greetings cards. This idea came from fellow Etsy artist Memake She saw a painting on Flickr and suggested I try it on my cards..........Thank you Memake.


No comments: